Monday, August 31, 2009

Back at HKS

After promising in my last post to try keep this blog more active, I have now gone through almost three weeks of silence. Chalk it up to a very busy two weeks back in Boston getting moved into my new apartment and serving as an orientation leader for the incoming 1st year class at the Kennedy School. It was a blast, but exhausting at the same time.

Today is my first "real" day back on campus, with task #1 being to attempt to figure out the Rubix's Cube that is my course schedule for my final year here.

Student politics is also kicking back into gear here at HKS with our student government election process starting later today with the opening of nominations. Today's Crimson (that would be the Harvard-wide student newspaper, not to be confused with the HKS' Citizen) features an article about a big issue here on campus at the end of last year, namely the shrinking availability of public space. As one of the students who was engaged in this issue last year, there are a few quotes from yours truly.

Off to my next set of "course preview" sessions...